Police arrested a 21-year-old man for a drunk driving accident that seriously injured two passengers Monday night in Vacaville. Police were looking for a third passenger who left the scene.
• A group of friends were drinking in a local park. One of them, who was deemed to be ‘least intoxicated,’ drove them home.
• The driver failed to negotiate a curve and slammed the car into a telephone pole.
• Two of the passengers were hospitalized with major injuries. The other one left the scene.
• The 21-year-old driver was arrested on charges of felony drunk driving causing injury and driving on a suspended license.
Police said 21-year-old Vacaville resident Anthony Barragan-Sullivan had been drinking with friends in a park before the accident.
Barragan-Sullivan got behind the wheel of the car, which belonged to one of the passengers, to drive everyone home ”because he was believed to be the least intoxicated,” police said.
He was unable to negotiate a curve on Dobbins Street near Deodora Street (see photo). The car hit the curb and slammed into a telephone pole, knocking out power to the area.
A passenger who had been riding in the front seat got out of the car and left the scene. The two back seat passengers were trapped inside the wrecked vehicle.
Barragan-Sullivan called police and remained at the scene. Emergency crews had to cut away part of the vehicle to extricate the two trapped women, whose names were not released.
Both of the women suffered major injuries and were hospitalized. One of them was listed in serious condition and the other was listed in stable condition, police told the Reporter. No further information about the nature of their injuries was released.
Barragan-Sullivan was arrested at the scene and then taken to a hospital to be seen by a doctor. Once he was medically cleared, he was booked into Solano County Jail and charged with driving on a suspended driver’s license and felony driving under the influence, resulting in injury.
Police were still looking for the woman who was riding in the front seat in order to ask her about the accident.
Vacaville Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
The trial attorneys at Blackman Legal Group, a California-based law firm founded by renowned trial attorney Clifford Blackman, have successfully represented car accident victims and their families for 35 years. The nationwide toll-free number to call for a free consultation is 1-866-692-8126.
- • Value: We offer discounted fees to callers who read our blog.
• Experience: Our attorneys are top-ranked.
• Consideration: We advance all expenses on cases. And we never charge a fee unless your case is successfully settled.