Five people were injured Thursday morning in a multi-car accident started by a driver who crossed the center line and hit an oncoming vehicle on Vasco Road in an unincorporated area of Brentwood.
• A driver in a Chevy Malibu crossed the center line on a rural road and crashed into a pickup truck.
• Both cars crashed into other vehicles. The pickup truck then crashed head-on into a Hummer and then rolled down an embankment.
• A passenger was ejected from the pickup truck and suffered a severe head injury.
• The other four victims were presumed to have minor injuries.
California Highway Patrol investigators reported that 50-year-old Jaqueline Simpson of Antioch was driving a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu southbound on Vasco Road when she crossed the center line.
The Malibu hit a 2005 Ford F-650 pickup truck driven by 42-year-old Guillermo Bustos of Concord.
The impact sent both vehicles out of control and they both crashed into other cars. The Malibu struck a 1998 Mercedes station wagon driven by 54-year-old Delfina Calderon of Livermore, while the F-650 pickup truck hit a 2009 Ford Focus driven by 51-year-old Donnell Miller of Antioch.
The Ford Focus came to a stop on the west shoulder of the road, but the F-650 pickup truck kept moving into oncoming traffic, where it slammed head-on into a 2007 Hummer driven by 46-year-old Douglas Vanhorn of Brentwood. The force of that collision caused the F-650 pickup to spin out, flip over, and roll down an embankment on the west side of the road, according to the CHP report.
One of the F-650′s passengers, 29-year-old Jose Dominguez of San Jose, was ejected from the vehicle while it was rolling down the embankment. Dominguez suffered a severe traumatic brain injury (concussion), broken nose, and lacerations to his ear, the CHP report said. He was airlifted via helicopter to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek.
A second passenger in the pickup truck, whose name was not released, was taken to Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch. No information was released about the severity of that person’s injuries.
Miller and Calderon suffered minor injuries and were transported by ground ambulance to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Antioch to be treated.
The CHP report did not identify the fifth injured person or give any details about their injuries. The accident remains under investigation.
Brentwood Car Accident Lawyers
The trial attorneys at Blackman Legal Group, a California-based law firm founded by renowned trial attorney Clifford Blackman, have successfully represented car accident victims and their families for 35 years. The nationwide toll-free number to call for a free consultation is 1-866-692-8126.
- • Value: We offer discounted fees to callers who read our blog.
• Experience: Our attorneys are top-ranked.
• Consideration: We advance all expenses on cases. And we never charge a fee unless your case is successfully settled.