WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS | INJURED WORKERS | FORKLIFT INJURIES
Your employer has a duty to maintain the physical property where you work in a way that minimizes the risk to your health and safety. When you are injured on your employer’s premises as a result of poorly maintained property, you want an experienced personal injury attorney to help you get full and fair compensation for your injuries.
At Blackman Legal Group, we have focused our practice exclusively on personal injury since 1976. We combine experience, knowledge and meticulous preparation to build the strongest case for your financial recovery. As a result, our attorneys are often able to settle personal injury claims at or above insurance policy limits. We have also obtained verdicts or settlements that exceed $1 million for many clients.
Contact Blackman Legal Group by e-mail or call our office at 415-585-5200 (toll-free at 866-692-8126) to set up an appointment. We provide a free consultation.
WORKPLACE INJURY – FORKLIFT ACCIDENT CLAIMS
In addition to meeting all OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment, your employer has a duty to ensure that all common areas and physical property are maintained in a way that does not jeopardize your health or safety. This requires your employer to either fix any dangerous conditions of which he or she has knowledge (or should reasonably have knowledge) or to provide adequate warnings of any unsafe conditions.
Our lawyers handle all types of claims by workers for injuries resulting from poor maintenance of property, including
- slips and falls. We handle claims involving wet or slippery floors, objects obstructing common pathways, cracked or broken floor tiles or other surfaces, and torn carpet.
- injuries suffered on broken steps or stairways, or defective or malfunctioning elevators or escalators. We represent people who have been hurt using a broken step or stair, as well as individuals who have had limbs caught in an escalator or elevator, or who otherwise suffered injury from the malfunction of an elevator or escalator.
- falling ojects. We protect the rights of people who have beeninjured by falling objects, including tools, supplies or other materials that have been negligently stacked or stored.
- injuries resulting from inadequate security. If you have been hurt in a physical attack in a dark corridor, bathroom or other out-of-the-way place at work, we can help you recover compensation for any injuries if the attack could have been avoided through the use of proper security.
- claims involving poor maintenance of outside premises. We also handle claims involving injuries suffered in parking lots, on sidewalks, or at other means of entry or exit from your place of employment.
FORKLIFT ACCIDENT & WORKPLACE INJURY LAWYER
If you work in an environment where forklifts are regularly used to move inventory or other materials, you may risk injury if one of these forklifts malfunctions or is improperly operated. We handle claims involving the poor training of forklift operators, as well as malfunctioning forklifts or the failure to set up forklift traffic rules and patterns to ensure the safety of all workers.
We handle all personal injury claims on a contingent fee basis. We will only charge attorney fees if we recover compensation for your losses.
CONTACT OUR WORKPLACE INJURY & FORKLIFT ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
We provide a free consultation to people who have suffered a personal injury because of an employer’s negligence in maintaining work property. For an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call our office toll-free at 866-692-8126. We have offices throughout San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and Sacramento, and provide legal representation throughout California including Oakland, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Santa Ana and Anaheim, CA.. To find the location nearest you, see ourOffice Locations page.