PERSONAL INJURY | BURN INJURY | FIRES | CHEMICAL BURNS | ELECTRICAL BURNS | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | SERIOUS AND CATASTROPHIC INJURY
When you have suffered personal injury because of burns, whether in a fire or because of exposure to toxic chemicals or electrical current, you may have a lot of unanswered questions. The purpose of this page is to help you understand your rights when you have suffered a burn injury, so that you can effectively work with legal counsel to get full and fair compensation for your injuries.
At Blackman Legal Group, we have dedicated our practice exclusively to the rights of personal injury victims, including burn injury victims, for over 32 years. We combine knowledge and experience with meticulous preparation, carefully investigating every detail of your claim. We will fully explain the law and process, as well as your options and likelihood of success. As a result, our attorneys frequently settle personal injury claims at or above insurance policy limits, and we have obtained numerous judgments and recoveries in excess of $1 million.
Contact Blackman Legal Group by e-mail or call our office at 415-585-5200 (toll-free at 866-692-8126) to set up a free case evaluation.
WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SUFFERED A BURN INJURY
- How serious do my injuries have to be? As a general rule, anyone who suffers a burn injury because of the careless or negligent acts of another can bring a legal action for damages. As a practical matter, however, because of the costs involved, only serious burn injury claims support legal actions for damages. If you have incurred significant unpaid medical expenses or have been unable to work because of your injuries, you may want to consider filing a lawsuit.
- Who can I sue for a burn injury? Any individual or company whose carelessness or negligence is a proximate cause of your injury can be held liable. To be the proximate cause of your injury, a judge or jury must determine that it was reasonably foreseeable that their negligence would result in this type of injury.
- Can I recover benefits under an insurance policy? In most instances, you will be able to recover for any physical injury under your own health insurance policy. If you have no health insurance, you may be able to recover under the policy of the person or business responsible for the fire.
- How do I prove the extent of my injury? Because of the complexity of these types of cases, expert witnesses are always necessary, both to prove the cause of your burns as well as the full extent of your injuries.
- What damages can I get in a burn injury case? When you have suffered a burn injury you can recover for a wide range of losses, including all medical expenses related to treatment for your injury, any lost income or wages (past or present) resulting from the injury, and any pain, disability or disfigurement caused by the burns.
Our attorneys handle all burn injury cases on a contingent fee basis. You will only pay legal fees if we recover compensation for your injuries.
CONTACT BLACKMAN LEGAL GROUP
We offer a free case evaluation to people injured as a result of burn injuries. For an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call our office toll-free at 866-692-8126. We have offices throughout California. To find the location nearest to you, see our Office Locations page.