- Obtain immediate medical assistance.
- Hire an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
- Write a detailed summary of all facts surrounding the accident. (Only give this to your lawyer.)
- Do not give representatives of insurance companies or adjusters written statements or tape-recorded statements when asked to do soon the telephone. Have them contact your lawyer.
- Obtain a doctor’s note for all time taken off of work as a result of your accident, even if you are self-employed.
- Save all physical evidence, and mark them with some type of identification tag. This may mean the shoes involved in a trip and fall accident, the receipt for products purchased at a store where you fell, or material or foreign objects which caused a fall.
- Obtain and save the names of all witnesses and persons involved in an accident. Be sure to get the telephone number and address of the witnesses.
- Take photos of all damages. This means damages to any motor vehicle, motorcycle, etc. Also take photos of all visible injuries. Be sure to develop these pictures immediately. If they do not come out well, retake the photographs before the physical injuries have healed. If a dangerous condition caused a fall, take pictures of the dangerous condition before it is changed or repaired.
- Do not sign anything without the approval of your lawyer. Insurance companies and adjusters frequently request people to sign authorizations to obtain information or releases of all claims. Be sure to show these documents to your attorney before signing them.
- Avoid gaps of time between medical treatments. Long periods of time between medical appointments is used by the defense to argue that the later treatment is not related to the accident. Also be sure to give each doctor you see an accurate history of all of the physical and mental problems experienced as a result of the accident.
CALIFORNIA ACCIDENT VICTIMS
If you are looking for an attorney with a track record of results to handle your personal injury case, contact Blackman Legal Group by e-mail. Let us help you along the road to recovery. Call us toll free at 866-692-8126.
CONTACT BLACKMAN LEGAL GROUP
If you have been injured through the negligence of another, you have rights and deserve full compensation for your serious injury. Contact Blackman Legal Group to discuss your personal injury claim and how we can help. All initial consultations are free, and there is no attorneys’ fee unless the case is successfully resolved.
We represent accident victims throughout California from our law offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and Sacramento, CA. If you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to handle your personal injury case, our lawyers are ready to help you. Call 866-692-8126 to arrange your free initial consultation with an experienced California personal injury attorney.