Drunk Driving Accident: Two people were airlifted to hospitals with major injuries Tuesday after a head-on collision near Yosemite National Park in Coarsegold, about 40 miles north of Fresno.
• A drunk driver veered across a double yellow line on a rural road and crashed head-on into an oncoming vehicle.
• Both drivers were pinned in their vehicles and had to be rescued by emergency workers.
• Both drivers were airlifted to the hospital with major injuries.
• The drunk driver was arrested on felony DUI charges.
The California Highway Patrol reported that 32-year-old Coarsegold resident Jonathan Olmedo was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash.
Olmedo was driving a 2005 Honda Civic eastbound on Road 415 at an unknown speed when he approached a gradual right curve and veered across a double-yellow line into the westbound traffic lane.
The Honda crashed head-on into an oncoming 2005 Ford Focus driven by 26-year-old Keith Dion of Hilmar.
Both vehicles were severely damaged. Olmedo and Hilmar were trapped inside their respective vehicles and had to be extricated by emergency workers.
Both men suffered major injuries in the accident and were airlifted by helicopter to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno. No further information about their injuries or conditions was released.
Olmedo was arrested on felony DUI charges.
Fresno Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
The trial attorneys at Blackman Legal Group, a California-based law firm founded by renowned trial attorney Clifford Blackman, have successfully represented car accident victims and their families for 35 years. The nationwide toll-free number to call for a free consultation is 1-866-692-8126.
- • Value: We offer discounted fees to callers who read our blog.
• Experience: Our attorneys are top-ranked.
• Consideration: We advance all expenses on cases. And we never charge a fee unless your case is successfully settled.