It’s what we all should do, but it’s especially heartwarming to see a movie star act as a Good Samaritan. When “Avatar” star Zoe Saldana witnessed a car accident in Culver City on Wednesday, she immediately stopped and rushed to the aid of an injured elderly woman.
• Actress Zoe Saldana witnessed a car accident on a Culver City street.
• Saldana stopped and, with the help of another witness, aided an elderly victim.
• The actress called 911, helped the elderly victim out of her car, and got her safely seated on a sidewalk. Saldana waited at the woman’s side until police arrived and then remained at the scene to answer questions.
• Few details are known about the accident, but news media are having a field day singing the “Avatar” star’s praises as a Good Samaritan.
Details about the accident are scant because most news outlets are focusing more on Saldana’s meritorious behavior.
What is known is that the 33-year-old actress was driving on a Culver City street when she and another witness saw a collision, according to a Daily Mail report.
Saldana immediately stopped her car to check on an elderly woman who had been hurt in the accident. The actress and the other witness helped the victim, who had blood on her face but was able to walk, over to the sidewalk.
They helped her sit down and supported her back as she sat on the curb. Saldana immediately called 911, according to a People report.
“Zoe witnessed the car accident, and was very quick to help,” an onlooker told People. “She immediately got on the phone with 911 and she seemed very concerned.”
Saldana stayed at the scene while they waited for emergency responders to arrive. At one point she apparently returned briefly to the victim’s car to retrieve her handbag and a sweater.
After police and paramedics arrived, Saldana remained at the scene to answer questions.
What To Do When You Witness an Accident
If you witness a motor vehicle accident, here’s what the California Department of Motor Vehicles says you should do:
- If you are the first person at a vehicle collision scene, pull completely off the road, away from the collision.
- Check to see if anyone is injured. Search the area for victims who may have been thrown from a vehicle.
- Call 911. Be prepared to provide information, such as the exact location including cross streets and how many people need help. If possible, let the dispatcher know if anyone is bleeding, unconscious, or without a pulse.
- If possible, use flares or emergency triangles.
- Help anyone who is not already walking and talking. Do not move a severely injured person unless he or she is in a burning vehicle or in other danger. Moving someone incorrectly often makes an injury worse.
- Turn off the ignition of wrecked vehicles.
- Don’t smoke. Fire is a great danger after an accident due to the possibility of leaking fuel.
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
The trial attorneys at Blackman Legal Group, a California-based law firm founded by renowned trial attorney Clifford Blackman, have successfully represented freeway accident victims and their families for 35 years. The nationwide toll-free number to call for a free consultation is 1-866-692-8126.
- • Value: We offer discounted fees to callers who read our blog.
• Experience: Our attorneys are top-ranked.
• Consideration: We advance all expenses on cases. And we never charge a fee unless your case is successfully settled.