A 31-year-old passenger was killed in a drunk driving accident Tuesday night when the driver lost control and drove off of Highway 36 in Bridgeville, 45 miles southeast of Eureka.
• A drunk driver lost control of her pickup truck on a narrow mountain highway and drove off the road.
• The truck rolled down an embankment, ejecting the passenger. He died at the scene.
• The drunk driver sustained moderate injuries. She was treated at a hospital and then booked into the county jail on charges of driving under the influence and manslaughter.
The California Highway Patrol report said that 35-year-old Jennifer Lynn Diloreto of Hydesville was under the influence of alcohol when she drove a white Toyota pickup truck eastbound on State Route 36 with the victim in the passenger seat.
Diloreto’s pickup truck crossed over into the westbound lane for unknown reasons and then went off of the left (north) shoulder of the highway. The truck rolled down an embankment onto the rocky riverbank below, the CHP report stated.
Diloreto’s passenger was ejected from the truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The Humboldt County Coroner’s Office later confirmed his identity as 31-year-old Jason Molter of Lake Elsinore.
Diloreto suffered moderate injuries and was transported by ground ambulance to Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna, about halfway between Bridgeville and Eureka. She was treated at the hospital and then booked into the Humboldt County Jail on charges of driving under the influence and manslaughter, the CHP report said.
Assistant District Attorney Kelly Neel said Diloreto was arrested on drunk driving charges in 2011 with a blood alcool level almost twice the legal limit. Dilorteto failed to complete a multiple offender course as ordered by the court, Neel said. A bench warrant for her arrest on the 2011 DUI charge was active at the time of Tuesday’s crash.
The multiple offender status stemmed from an arrest for possession of marijuana in 2008, according to court documents. Diloreto completed a program following that arrest and those charges were dismissed.
Humboldt County Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
The trial attorneys at Blackman Legal Group, a California-based law firm founded by renowned trial attorney Clifford Blackman, have successfully represented the families of drunk driving accident victims for 35 years. The nationwide toll-free number to call for a free consultation is 1-866-692-8126.
- • Value: We offer discounted fees to callers who read our blog.
• Experience: Our attorneys are top-ranked.
• Consideration: We advance all expenses on cases. And we never charge a fee unless your case is successfully settled.